Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Going Crazy with no Homeschool Support?



This photo is what I must have looked like my first couple of months of homeschooling. No kidding! I was fortunate enough to find some local and online homeschool support for those days when I needed it most! Without the help from many people in those early days of homeschooling I would probably not be sane (or at least my level of sanity,hehe) today. It is the most important advice I can give to anyone thinking of beginning your homeschooling adventure is find a place where you can ask questions (silly or serious), a place where you feel comfortable to be yourself. Really life is toooo short not to enjoy it or the people you are surrounded by. Personally I need people who are funny,  have a strong sense of who they are (not afraid to be themselves), love their kids, and basically LOVE life to surround me. I find that I can soak up their great attitudes, experiences and ways that they homeschool. Even though, I consider myself a secular homeschooler, I value the opinions of many of my Christian,etc. friends on how and what they do for their kids. 

Then my online support groups are a bit more on the crazy side, ya know that feeling that you can really let loose! Sometimes dangerous for me, since most of my friends think I already have no  mouth filter, imagine the POWER I can feel to type it out and hit send! Another plus for online support is even if you live in the middle of no where (I was there once and it was no fun!) you can still communicate with like minded people about your homeschooling experiences.

The morale of this post.... is to find some support so you don't look like this guy ready to blow something up;)

1 comment:

  1. Just the pic alone gave me a giggle...love those Muppets!! ;)

    ReplyDelete