Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Birthday parties, special field trips and school!



Two weeks down, and phew I am tired already! We have had some fun days of playing with friends, kick off party with other homeschoolers, fun field trip to Alex's favorite place (Noah's Landing) and of course the big birthday of leaving the single digits behind! The last one bums me out to no end, no more kiddos in the single digits!

Well we are trying to get into full swing with all the things I have on our "to do" , we are going along at a pretty good pace, considering we haven't been home as much over the past two weeks. One of the many things on the list is to FINALLY get the boys, familiar with the all the states and their location on a map. I look for anything, like US state games or US state board games to play with them that re-enforces the things we are learning about in our studies. It can be hard to fit everything in so we usually do some "carschooling" on the way to this or that!

So much to do and so little time, but we will get through it one way or another!!

4 comments:

  1. Can't imagine how :( I'll be when my last hits double digits! Sounds like a fun - and hectic! - couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is Melissa!! We are doing the teen sleepover tonight!! They are easier than the 10 year olds BUT the video game noise is crazy!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I will be saving yours to look at. After my T4L trial I may need to start my own homeschooling spin off blog.
    I know what you mean about catching up with T4L. My son was doing well in school, and coming home with acceptable grades. But when we started 2nd grade math I saw he was not ready for it...at all. So now we are going back to the basics and making sure they are ingrained, then we can work on catching up.
    I've only been on this journey for a very short time, but so far I am overwhelmingly relieved I made the decision to homeschool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa;)I think that going back just to make sure is the best way to get a handle on what they know and don't know! My oldest went back to the 3rd grade level and started after 5th grade. Only because of the gaps, he would fly through until we hit something that he had missed or wasn't taught then fast forward again. It wasn't a big deal since we were not on a schedule, I just wanted he to have the basics down before we started anything harder! You should most def start a blog, I started mine because I wanted to be able to show the boys all the great things that we have gotten to do! You know on the those days when we all need a reminder of what is really important! THEIR LOVE OF LEARNING! I will be back to your blog to see what you thought of T4L. It is the best money I have spent so far since we began homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete