After the last blog post, I had a ton of emails from newbies to homeschooling, even some of you had been doing this for a while like me. All were telling me that they felt the same way! There are so many different ways to homeschool, and it all depends on your kiddos learning style. I am no expert, in fact, I am a student of sorts I am always in the learning mode when it comes to finding new ways to do homeschool math or our science for that day, etc. It can be so overwhelming to those of us who threw ourselves into this late in the game. You don't know how many days where I have been scrambling last minute to get everything ready for that day or even skipping things because I just couldn't get to it! You know,for me, this all started as the life preserver for my boys education... I really feel that my oldest would be in a much different place in terms of his education if he had went thru the system.
I know at times I feel like I am the only one with doubts about if I am doing everything right for my boys. Or even that I can do enough for them! For those times, I go to a friend or forum that I can vent and let others who have been there help me thru these times. How many times have I emailed a friend or posted on my favorite secular forum (sorry shameless plug for my fav site, but those peeps are awesome) to get some words of wisdom from those who have been down the road before me. Even if it was only a mile ahead, they still help me in ways I can't put into words.
One of my favorite quotes that I have found lately is..
“To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today”
- Anonymous
So go out there and be active in your kids lives, the rest will fall into place:)
No comments:
Post a Comment