Sunday, July 8, 2012

How SpellingCity has helped us!

This image is copyright protected. The copyright owner reserves all rights. http://www.thecomicstrips.com/store/add_strip.php?iid=81605
Did I ever tell you that I am a terrible speller?? Yes, I am!! As a child and even as an adult, spelling is hard for me (guess who was doing a happy dance when SPELL CHECK was invented!). Thanks to my boys I am getting better, since I have to teach them spelling it is only natural that I would get better at it too. But my secret (well not so secret) weapon in SpellingCity! We have been homeschooling for 5 years now and we still use many of the "tools" that they provide! (mostly free even though we did upgrade last year to a premium membership or was it the year before?!)

For those of you who don't know about SpellingCity...I want to give you a list of some of their FREE resources!

They just updated their teacher spelling resources page with some great new items. I have used it A LOT over our homeschooling adventure. If you have been on their then you already know about their online spelling games, which my boys love...their all time favorite is probably LetterFall or HangMouse. (if you want to know.. my favorite is their word search maker...I loved doing these as a child STILL DO) BUT did you know that they also have other useful resources like printable handwriting sheets, popular spelling lists, vocabulary , parts of speech helpers, crossword puzzles  (I think these last three are premium membership activities)and more!


I hope this helps those of you who want to add some spice into your spelling assignments. We use it all the time!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE Spelling City!! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can get it from my site http://dee-lightfullmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee!! I will check this out and nominate some peeps!

    ReplyDelete