A little background so you don't think I am being crazy here, sugar to me is like milk to a baby, I can't live without it! Well I could live without it but what fun would that be?! All my life I have had sugar in one form or another in my diet, don't get me wrong I am not complaining here just stating a simple fact. As I have gotten older (yes we all do), I have discovered that my body doesn't do well with sugar or white flour, rice, bread, etc. So in an effort to kick back the reaper man (of course he is a man!), I have started in 2009 to make better choices of what I put into my body. Take it from a whole package eating sugar cookie mama, it is time. (disclaimer here~ I only ate half the (6)cookies cuz they tasted sooo good, then got sick later!that will teach me) I am hoping by putting up here the items that I use it might help someone else make that decision to get healthier if not for yourself than for your friends and family.
Several of my really good friends(who are much healthier than me) , suggested that I try this instead of using sugar. While I usually try to shy away from anything that is a "substitute" in general, they talked about how it actually tasted like sugar(a big deal to me). I was amazed how much it did in fact taste like sugar and it is all natural as well! Double bonus NO CALORIES! You will find the tiniest measuring spoon that you have ever seen when you open this bottle and that is a serving size! But for more than one serving you will have to adjust to how sweet you like it.
For example~
Old fashion way to make lemonade with sugar.(using 1/2 gallon pitcher)
1/2-1 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
fill rest of pitcher with water
Here is a yummy lemonade recipe that my friend gave me the other day~
1/2 to 1 cup lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Stevia
fill rest of pitcher with water.
Now I dare you to tell the difference between the two, I couldn't and I love my lemonade!
No comments:
Post a Comment