 |
| All the projects we have done including Pizza Garden |
.JPG) |
Sweet Potato
|
.JPG) |
Mango seedling
|
As we are getting to the last two classes for 4H, I wanted to let you see how my gardening class projects are doing. I began working out of the 4H curriculum within the first class the four kids in my small class were bored, bored, bored . (as so was I!) So I asked them what they wanted to know more about.... catnip, mango,lemon trees,apple trees, avocado, sunflowers are the answers I received from them. So the first class I did something I thought might be fun we planted a pizza garden!! Tomatoes (2 kinds-Big Boy and Yellow Pear) Basil, Oregano, Sweet Peppers were what I came up with... I purchased the seeds, starter greenhouses and markers and away we went! After that we learned about avocado and mangoes, while you can't grow them outside here in NC they can make fun houseplants. Well we got our seeds from the fruit at the grocery (for all our items above) germination rate is 1 in 10. So far I have gotten ONE mango seed (above pic) to sprout, very excited about that one! The other things that are doing awesome are the pizza garden, I knew those would. Apple, lemon, avocado have been the ones that I haven't gotten to sprout yet but I am not giving up!!
Just wanted to share how the seedlings are doing! So what are you growing from seed??
No comments:
Post a Comment