Monday, March 28, 2011

Coming in for the Home Stretch!

Well, yes like most kids in school, we too are getting ready for the end of the school year coming soon! Together we are pushing through the tough subjects/lessons that we have been putting off or just didn't have the time to do. Still working on building our vocabulary skills and of course, the bane of my existence spelling and writing;) But we are getting better at it for sure! Even bought some new workbooks ( I know YUCK!) for grammar that at least the youngest seems to like doing with me on a daily basis! Also doing spelling everyday, I have to shout out a special "THANKS" to SpellingCity for making it bearable for us all on those days we just don't want to do one more spelling activity! I know a lot of families who use this free resource and we even up graded to the premium membership so we could get all the games available.  Also found some educational videos on phonics for when they just can't get that sound right. (Meant for Pre-K to Kindergarten) but it worked to help my boys figure out how they were saying a word wrong.

Besides finishing up this year's activities, I am also looking forward to this summer and next school year's activities. Sign up at many local libraries, parks and recs, or other community led educational classes have begun. I just signed up the youngest to a free week long science program through the libraries of Wake County. (something a friend turned me onto last year!) I must admit that we do school year round taking vacations and breaks when needed or when dad takes off work. So we really don't do a large break after we finish each grade we just pick up the next workbook or go to the next level in our online lessons until our next break. So at any given time the boys could be doing one or two above where they are "supposed' to be at and yes sometimes a grade behind! I just love homeschooling my boys, wishing I had done this from the beginning but BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment