When you see this picture you are probably thinking it took you how long to do that ONE cabinet, right? So let me explain, first you are only seeing the after pictures because the before picture well I forgot to take! It took me two weekends worth of sanding, staining and detailing out this one cabinet! First set of obstacles was that the paper side panels were just that paper, so out to Lowes I went! One unfinished oak side panel later while walking out of Lowes a nice gust of wind almost took me away! Wait for it, picture coming to mind now and you are laughing, just don't pee you pants cuz it makes you look bad to your kids! Finally get it home and then it is time to make the donuts, I mean start sanding the cabinet doors which are longer then the others I have done up to now. Once I was finished with that, inside I went to sand what I thought might take me an hour to finish the frame. My DH had set up a plastic sheeting for me to climb up underneath so that the dust didn't go all over the place! (did I mention I hate to dust?) Come on down obstacle number 2~ crown molding it can't be sanded with my orbital sander! So out to the garage I went to get the sanding blocks, two hours later.... still not done! Up to Lowes to find a detail sander or mouse sander, cute little things nothing like the animal form! By now it is late in the day and I am tired so I didn't even open the new sander. Fast forward to bright and early the next morning (Sunday) go to open the new sander and... it is missing pieces. SO I wait until the store opens and return it and get one with all the pieces. By the end of the day, I finished with the sanding and then I get to cleaning up the mess! This past weekend, I was able to put both coats of stain and the poly on there. PHEW almost done.. then I put the blood into the saying "blood,sweat and tears." Yes that's right pneumatic nailer caught my finger and OH MAMA did that hurt! Today is is feeling better but a little bruised and sore;) See even mamas who thinking that they are being safe sometimes have a brain fart every now and again!
Neat little sander that comes with a lot of great attachments to help get into those little corners and up to the edge;)(I bought mine from Lowe's)
Neat little sander that comes with a lot of great attachments to help get into those little corners and up to the edge;)(I bought mine from Lowe's)
No comments:
Post a Comment