![]() |
Well just wanted to say that Alex finished his driver's ed course for the classroom part! He did 30 hours of ((gasp)) going to a regular high school and taking tests all day long. Along with the normal films and discussions about organ donation, driving under the influence, dangers of cell phones and driving, and eye test. It was a week like no other for us, Alex waking up and 6:30 am to get to downtown Raleigh by 7:30am. Not a hard time for me but he was like OMG, there is a 6:30 AM, LOL. He did great though even doing homework at night and making sure he went to sleep by 8:30PM! I know, I was totally impressed!
Now comes the exciting part ending in a terrifying part for me , he gets 6 hours of driving instruction at the school starting in the parking lot and ending with ALEX ON THE EXPRESSWAY!! I am not worried at all, REALLY I AM NOT!! Alex is growing by leaps and bounds, I am happy and sad to say that the little boy who brighten my days not so long ago is becoming a wonderful, courtesy and caring young man. My baby has grown up and is starting to make his way in this world!
Alex has his own unique learning style, which I am happy to say is adaptable if he is given enough time. One of the reasons, we started homeschooling was because his style didn't fit the norm for his best retention of information. This is a great example that homeschooling is helping him in all areas, because before we homeschooled he would have bulked at taking tests all day long!

Such a great report...there is nothing better than reading the braggings of a proud mama!! Three cheers for Alex!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms Topsy;) It was indeed a proud mama moment!
ReplyDelete