Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Salute the FLAG!! Happy 4th of July!

Well its 4th of July and that means time for our Annual Flag Jello Cake!! ((yummy)) The boys got some help this year saluting the FLAG!! so cute!


Just figured I would share the recipe with you all in case you wanted to make it, flag or just with strawberries and blueberries!



Flag Jello Cake

1 package white or yellow cake mix (for two layers)
1 small package flavored gelatin, any flavor
4 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water (for the cake mix)
1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip
1 cup water (for gelatin)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare cake, according to package directions, using eggs, oil and water. Bake cake in a 13x9-inch pan for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for at least 15 minutes.
Poke holes across the entire surface of cake with a fork.
Dissolve the gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water. Pour the warm gelatin slowly over the surface of the cake (gelatin will soak into the cake). Place cake in the refrigerator and chill for about 4 hours.
Spread whipped topping on top of cake before serving. Refrigerate leftover cake. I go a step further and usually sliced strawberries to make a US flag on the top of the whip cream, Strawberries for the stripes and blueberries for the stars

Very yummy even my picky son eats it!

2 comments:

  1. We are liking this whole emphasis on cake for July 4th! I could adopt a holiday that required cake! I like the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa!! The cake and the fireworks are our two favs for celebrating the 4th! I am with ya with cakes,pies or cobblers involved and I would celebrate any holiday!! hehe

    ReplyDelete